If you’re suffering from acute or chronic pain, cold laser therapy offered by Duluth Injury & Rehab Center may provide the lasting relief you’ve been searching for. This innovative treatment uses laser energy to reduce inflammation and accelerate healing.
What is Cold Laser Therapy?
Cold laser therapy, also known as low level laser therapy (LLLT), is a treatment that utilizes focused light to interact with cells and stimulate healing. A handheld device is used to direct beams of light into tissues in a non-invasive manner.
The light emitted by a cold laser differs from hot surgical lasers because it does not generate heat or cut tissue. The cold laser light stimulates a photobiochemical reaction in cells that reduces pain and inflammation, speeds tissue repair, and improves circulation.
Typical treatment areas for cold laser therapy include joints, muscles, nerves, and sites of injury or surgery. The light easily penetrates through the skin to access deeper tissues. Each session usually lasts around 10-15 minutes.
Cold laser has been extensively studied and FDA cleared as a safe, effective option for treating pain. There are no adverse effects.
Conditions Helped by Cold Laser Therapy
Research has shown cold laser can provide relief for both acute injuries and chronic pain including:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Back and neck pain
- Shoulder, knee, hip, or ankle pain
- Headache and migraines
- Plantar fasciitis
- Sprains and strains
- Postsurgical pain and swelling
- And more!
The increased circulation and reduced inflammation provided by cold laser can resolve many sources of pain.
Benefits of Cold Laser Therapy
Clinical studies have confirmed numerous benefits of cold laser treatment such as:
- Decreased muscle and joint pain
- Reduced inflammation and swelling
- Improved circulation and oxygenation of tissues
- Increased collagen production to repair damaged areas
- Trigger points and scar tissue reduction
- Enhanced nerve function and healing
- Accelerated bone healing
- Increased range of motion and flexibility
- Reduced recovery time from injury/surgery
- Non-invasive and drug-free
Patients often report significant pain relief and improved function after just 3-5 laser therapy sessions.
What to Expect During Cold Laser Treatment
Cold laser therapy is quick, comfortable, and easy:
- The handheld laser device is placed directly against the skin over the area being treated. No incisions or injections are required.
- The low level laser light is administered to various points on the body where inflammation and pain exist. You may feel a slight warming sensation.
- Each treatment session takes about 10-15 minutes depending on the size of the area.
- Although the laser light is invisible, advanced systems allow both the practitioner and patient to see the infrared light on a screen. This ensures proper administration.
- There is no discomfort during cold laser therapy. Most patients find the treatment extremely relaxing.
- You can resume normal activities immediately after each session.
Our team will provide everything you need for an effective treatment. Ask us any questions you may have before or during your visit.
Experience Proven Pain Relief with Cold Laser Therapy
Cold laser therapy is an excellent drug-free choice for dealing with acute and chronic pain. At Duluth Injury & Rehab Center we offer customized laser treatment plans to help you heal faster.
Don’t wait any longer to start feeling better. Pick up the phone and call Duluth Injury & Rehab Center today to see how cold laser therapy can help your specific pain. You’ll be glad you did!