When your knee hurts, it can prevent you from working, exercising, doing chores around the house, and walking. To avoid continued debilitating knee pain and dysfunction, see our caring doctors at Duluth Injury & Rehab Center & Injury Center for effective pain relief. We provide comprehensive care for knee pain, whether you’re dealing with an acute injury or bone-on-bone pain. Find relief today by calling our office to schedule an appointment.
Depending on your diagnosis, the Duluth Injury & Rehab Center & Injury Center team will recommend a tailored approach to relieve your pain, decrease inflammation, and improve the function of the muscles and joints in your neck and shoulders.
What are the signs of a knee injury?
Knee injuries can cause mild discomfort to severe bruising, swelling, and pain. To determine if you’re suffering from a knee injury, our team looks for the following signs and symptoms:
- Stiffness and decreased range of motion
- Bruising, redness, or discoloration
- Difficulty bearing weight
- Popping, clicking or cracking in your knee
- A sensation that your knee is catching or locking
- Tenderness around your knee joint
- Difficulty walking long distances
- Pain when walking up or down stairs
What causes knee pain?
Common causes of knee pain include:
- Patellar or iliotibial (IT) band tendinitis
- Muscle strains
- Ligament sprains or tears
- Meniscus tear
- Osgood-Schlatter disease
- Cartilage damage due to degeneration
Overuse and repetitive movements are the leading causes of knee pain, especially if you experience pain when exercising or doing specific activities for your job or at home. Trauma is more likely to cause structural damage to your knee, including fractures and dislocations.
How is low Knee pain treated?
At Duluth Injury & Rehab Center, our team offers personalized treatment plans to relieve Knee pain that include:
- Physiotherapy including EMS, Hot/Cold Packs
- MLS Laser Therapy
- Acoustic Wave Therapy using (The Miracle Wave)
- Safe, gentle, and science-based chiropractic adjustments
Depending on your diagnosis, the team will recommend a tailored approach to relieve your pain, decrease inflammation, and improve the function of the muscles and joints in your knees.