Navigating the aftermath of a car accident can be a daunting ordeal, and ensuring appropriate care for your injuries is paramount. At Duluth Injury & Rehab Center, we are dedicated to providing exceptional car accident injury treatment that not only addresses your immediate health needs but also prevents further complications.
Our auto accident chiropractor is adept in identifying and addressing car accident injuries, enabling us to offer tailored treatment plans designed to accelerate your healing process. Recognizing the urgency of your situation, we offer same-day appointments without any out-of-pocket costs, ensuring prompt access to high-quality care when you need it most.
Beyond our comprehensive therapeutic approach, we are committed to assisting you in navigating the legal intricacies that often follow a car accident. We provide exhaustive documentation of your injuries, crucial in securing a fair settlement. If you find yourself without legal representation, we are able to connect you with esteemed personal injury attorneys from our network. These professionals are committed to advocating for your rights and ensuring you receive the best settlement possible.
Duluth Injury & Rehab Center is here to support your recovery journey, delivering top-tier auto accident treatment in Duluth, GA. Trust us to help you regain control over your health and your life, post-accident.
What to Expect after a Car Accident Injury
The symptoms of a car accident injury can vary depending on the severity of the accident. Some common symptoms include:
- Neck pain: Neck pain is one of the most common symptoms of a car accident injury. It can be caused by whiplash, which is a sudden and forceful back-and-forth movement of the neck. Whiplash can damage the ligaments and muscles in the neck, causing pain, stiffness, and headaches.
- Back pain: Back pain is another common symptom of a car accident injury. It can be caused by a variety of factors, including a sudden jolt, a direct blow to the back, or a herniated disc. Back pain can be mild or severe, and it can range from temporary to chronic.
- Headaches: Headaches are also a common symptom of a car accident injury. They can be caused by a variety of factors, including whiplash, a concussion, or a brain injury. Headaches can be mild or severe, and they can range from temporary to chronic.
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a common injury that occurs when the head is suddenly and forcefully moved back and forth. This can happen in a car accident, a sports injury, or a fall. Whiplash can cause neck pain, stiffness, headaches, and dizziness.
- Muscle strain: Muscle strain is another common injury that can occur in a car accident. It happens when muscles are stretched or torn. Muscle strain can cause pain, stiffness, and swelling.
- Bruises: Bruises are caused by blood vessels under the skin breaking. They can be caused by a direct blow or by the force of a car accident. Bruises can be painful and unsightly, but they usually heal on their own within a few weeks.
- Lacerations: Lacerations are cuts that break the skin. They can be caused by a variety of things, including broken glass, sharp objects, or the force of a car accident. Lacerations can be painful and may require stitches.
- Broken bones: Broken bones are a serious injury that can occur in a car accident. They can be caused by the force of the impact or by being thrown from the vehicle. Broken bones can be very painful and may require surgery.
If you experience any of these symptoms after a car accident, it’s important to see a doctor right away. Early treatment can help to prevent these symptoms from becoming chronic.
Treatment Options for Car Accident Injuries
There are a variety of treatment options available for car accident injuries. Our specialized auto accident treatments include:
- Chiropractic adjustments: Chiropractic adjustments are a great way to realign the spine and reduce pain. They can also help to improve range of motion and reduce inflammation.
- Physical therapy: Physical therapy can help to strengthen muscles and improve range of motion. It can also help to reduce pain and improve balance and coordination.
- MLS laser therapy: MLS laser therapy is a non-invasive treatment that uses light to reduce pain, inflammation, and swelling. It can also help to improve range of motion.
- Acoustic wave therapy: Acoustic wave therapy is a non-invasive treatment that uses sound waves to break up scar tissue and promote healing. It can also help to reduce pain and improve range of motion.
How to Choose the Right Treatment
The best treatment for a car accident injury will vary depending on the individual patient. The doctor will consider the severity of the injury, the patient’s medical history, and the patient’s preferences when making treatment recommendations.
Some factors to consider when choosing a treatment option include:
- The severity of the injury: More severe injuries may require more aggressive treatment.
- The patient’s medical history: Some treatment options may not be appropriate for patients with certain medical conditions.
- The patient’s preferences: Some patients prefer certain treatment options over others.
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Treatment
Here are a few tips for getting the most out of your car accident treatment:
- Be an active participant in your treatment. Ask questions and let your doctor know how you’re feeling.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully. This includes limiting certain activities and doing your exercises.
- Be patient. Car accident injuries can take time to heal. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t see results immediately.
Auto Injury Chiropractor
Facts About Auto Accident Injuries
According to both the US Department of Transportation (USDOT) and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), traffic accidents can be broken down this way:
- Every 14 seconds, someone is injured in an automobile accident.
- Accidents are largely the result of drunk drivers (40%), speeding (30%) and reckless driving (33%)
- About 3 million people experience whiplash, neck and back injuries. Of these, 1.5 million will recover.
- Another 600,000 will continue to have long-term symptoms and pain, and another 150,000 will become disabled to a specific degree each year as a result of whiplash.
- 50% of accident victims sustain injuries to the lower back, and of these 15% develop serious nerve damage.
Auto accidents can cause post-traumatic osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis can ruin a person’s posture by giving them a slumped or hump back appearance. Osteoarthritis can cause the discs in the spine to degenerate and create scar tissue formation leading to chronic stiffness and the inability to move properly. Proper treatment can prevent osteoarthritis.
Things You Need To Know If You’ve Been In an Accident
- Make an appointment. Documenting your injuries early and choosing the right doctor can directly affect your settlement from the insurance company.
- Anyone injured may be entitled to treatment at no cost to them. No insurance, No cash, No problem, Just show up!
- Our office will work with you to get you the recovery that you deserve.
- If you or someone you know has been involved in an auto accident see us first before speaking to an attorney or an insurance company.
When you come in, we will determine:
- The extent of the injury or injuries
- The number of estimated treatments required to treat your injuries
- If referral to another medical specialist is required
- If special tests are required (i.e. MRI, CT Scan, etc.)
- If you need to take “injury time off” from work (and provide you with a note to present to your employer)
What to do “now” before an auto accident
We’ll will work with your attorney on your settlement or lien. If you don’t have an attorney we will help you find the best legal representation at No Cost To You!
Facts About Whiplash
Whiplash occurs when the neck and the head experience a sudden, sharp motion. The injury often affects the bones, muscles, nerves, and tendons at the neck.
The severity of whiplash injuries increases substantially when a person’s head is rotated (like when speaking with someone) or inclined (like when looking up and out through the rear view mirror) during an accident.
Some whiplash injuries are easily detected after an accident. Many injuries, however, may take hours, weeks, or even months before symptoms are noticed and properly diagnosed. This is caused in part by the bleeding and formation of scar tissue that occurs in the deep soft tissues that surround the injured area.
Studies indicate that injury can occur at impact speeds of 8 mph where there is little or even no damage to the car. Even in these types of accidents, the head can receive up to 2ó times more force than the car itself.
Chiropractic Care after an Auto Accident Injury
If you have been involved in an auto accident chiropractic care is a great alternative to taking pain killers and other prescribed medication such as anti-inflammatories and muscle relaxers. Chiropractic care has been proven to be safe and effective to not only decrease pain, muscle spasms and inflammation; it also increases range of motion and loosens tight and restricted spinal joints. Our office combines specific chiropractic adjustments, physiotherapy and spinal rehabilitative exercises to strengthen the para spinal musculature so you will hold your adjustments longer while retraining the muscles that support the spine. This allows you to heal properly and more quickly after an auto accident.
Chiropractic care for “whiplash,” neck, and back pain
Chiropractic care may alleviate the pain and symptoms associated with the whiplash injury without the use of prescribed medication. Headaches, neck pain and pain between both shoulder blades are often a direct result of a whiplash injury. These types of injuries can be treated effectively often without the use of drugs or surgery using a combination of chiropractic care, physical therapy and rehabilitative exercises designed to strengthen the spinal muscles and associated soft tissues.
Is Chiropractic care effective after an auto accident injury?
Injuries to ligaments, tendons, muscles, nerves, and discs cannot be detected by traditional x-ray or medical exams.
A chiropractic evaluation includes orthopedic and neurological examinations to begin the process of rehabilitations. Chiropractors will check the alignment to see if there are misaligned vertebrae that occurred during the accident. Misaligned vertebrae are the leading cause of pinched nerves, which lead to muscle spasms and other life threatening conditions.
How our office can help you!
Dr. Hans and his staff are here to help you get the best medical attention possible so that you recover from your injuries in the quickest amount of time. We’ll also document your injuries so that your attorney can get you the best settlement possible.
After your initial exam and consultation, we’ll provide you with a specific treatment plan to help maximize your recovery in the quickest time possible. We’ll make sure you fully understand your injuries and the best way to treat them.
Being diagnosed with a soft tissue injury can cause prolonged and even permanent damages if not treated properly in a timely manner.
During your initial consultation, we will provide you with a treatment plan specific to your condition. Our team will ensure you fully understand the plan for your recovery.
Your plan will include orthopedic, neurological, and x-ray reports of finding. We will not only explain your results – we will make sure you understand them. Call and let us help you to recovery, or email Dr. Hans now.
If you've been injured in a car accident, contact Duluth Injury & Rehab Center today to schedule an appointment. Our advanced treatment options can help you recover quicker, so you can get back to living your life unhindered by pain and discomfort.